The Raising Achievement Room is Ormiston Endeavour’s hub for careers support and information, led by Mrs Fosker
- Pupils are able to access the Raising Achievement Room at break time and after school.
- There is a fully-stocked careers library and prospectuses from a range of education providers.
- The Raising Achievement Room is equipped with computers with internet access.
If you would like to contact Mrs Fosker regarding anything to do with careers, work experience or Post-16 advice,
please do so on the usual school number – 01473 464545 – or by emailing email@example.com.
The Careers Programme
- All schools have a critical role in ensuring young people become work-ready and are prepared for the future. Here at Endeavour we provide all our young people with access to career advice services, ensuring they get the right information, advice, guidance and support they need to succeed in future education, training or employment. This requires the academy, and other agencies to work together in a coherent and efficient way.
- We endeavour to supply high quality, impartial careers guidance which helps pupils to make informed choices about which courses suit their academic needs and aspirations. Our aim is that students leave the academy feeling prepared for the next stage of their education, employment or training.
- In Year 7 and Year 8, careers is delivered as part of the PSHE programmes. Topics covered include the relationship between school and work, skills and qualifications for the workplace and different career paths. We also run events to support our young people in planning for their future, such as Year 8 Options Evening.
- In Years 9 to 11, careers is delivered both as part of the form programme and through our PSHE programme. In Year 9 pupils undertake a self-analysis, think about employability and consider their future aspirations and options. In Year 10 the focus is on jobs and the application process. In addition, Year 10 pupils undertake a work experience programme. In Year 11, pupils are supported in identifying appropriate routes for their future and life beyond Ormiston Endeavour. There are also a number of events throughout each year to support our young people in planning for their future, such as our Post 16 Evening, Careers Day with mock interviews and assemblies, to which external providers are invited.
Useful Websites for Careers Further Education Providers Work Experience summary Options and Post-16