Studying a Modern Foreign Language enables students to become confident in each of the four main language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) within a range of different contexts. It also equips students to deal with real-life situations, helping improve communication skills, adaptability and cultural awareness. Other benefits of studying a language like French include:
- A great qualification to include on your CV;
- Greater opportunities to travel and work abroad;
- Some of our best universities may request the study of a language at GCSE level as an entrance requirement for certain degrees.
To be successful in French you will need to:
- Enjoy being challenged;
- Enjoy working independently and with others;
- Be able to work out patterns in language;
- Appreciate the importance of different cultures;
- Be prepared to have a go and not be afraid of hard work!