This course is designed to help learners to:
- use raw materials, tools and equipment in a safe and competent manner;
- develop analytical and research skills;
- evaluate their own work, develop ideas and learning through the design process;
- develop an understanding of health and safety considerations in the craft environment;
- develop an overview of skills and characteristics present in successful entrepreneurs;
- develop social and moral skills, with an emphasis on environment and sustainable issues.
Careers include carpentry, joinery, cabinet making, engineering, furniture design, architecture, product development, product and industrial design and most semi-skilled and skilled practical trades.