Promoting equality and community cohesion at
Ormiston Endeavour Academy (OEA)
At OEA we have a strong commitment to fairness and equality in everything that we do.
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We work hard to make sure that the academy is a safe and secure environment for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some students extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking to students and parents/carers, and through our Student Council.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have; their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation.
Equality Information and Objectives report