Your child may be entitled to free school meals if you receive:
- Income support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment support allowance (income related)
- Child Tax Credit, and you are not entitled to receive Working Tax Credit, and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- The guarantee element of the State Pension Credit
If you feel your child should be entitled to a free school meal you can download a free school meal application form from the Suffolk County Council website.
To find out more or to talk to someone about your eligibility visit Suffolk County Council’s free school meals page.