“If you can’t explain it, then you don’t understand it well enough”
Homework teaches students to work independently and develop self-discipline. Homework encourages students to take initiative and responsibility for completing a task. Homework allows parents to have an active role in their child's education and helps them to evaluate their child's progress. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure they complete all homework on time to ensure success at Ormiston Endeavour Academy.
Why is homework important?
- It helps your child develop positive study skills and habits that will serve him or her well throughout life.
- It helps your child’s memory and thinking skills
- Homework encourages your child to use time wisely.
- It teaches your child to work independently.
- Homework teaches your child to take responsibility for his or her work.
- It allows your child to review and practice what has been covered in class.
- It helps your child to get ready for the next day’s class.
- Homework helps your child learn to use resources, such as libraries, reference materials, and computer websites to find information.
- It encourages your child to explores subjects more fully than classroom time permits.
- It allows your child to extend learning by applying skills to new situations.
- It helps your child integrate learning by applying many different skills to a single task, such as book reports or science projects.
- Homework helps parents learn more about what your child is learning in school.
- It allows parents to communicate about what he or she is learning.
- It encourages parents to spark your child’s enthusiasm.
You can find details of all your child’s homework on ‘GO for Schools’. Please contact your child’s form tutor if you are struggling to access this.