At Ormiston Endeavour Academy we value and respect all the individuals within our community. We recognise the immense diversity and look to promote equality in all we do.
- To treat all individuals with equal value.
- To eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Equality Act 2010.
- To advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
- To foster positive attitudes and good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it (i.e. tackle prejudice and promote understanding).
- To take such steps as are reasonable to remove or minimise disadvantages suffered by persons who share a relevant protected characteristic that are connected to that characteristic.
- To take such steps as are reasonable to meet the needs of persons who share a relevant protected characteristic that are different from the needs of persons who do not share it.
- To provide a range of education and training programmes which encourage everyone to participate in learning.
- To ensure that recruitment, retention and development of staff is done so following the equality principles.
- To consider equality implications before and at the time that policies are developed as well as keeping them under review on a continual basis.
- To carry out equality impact assessments to assess whether policies and / or plans are having a negative or adverse, or positive impact on specific groups of individuals.
- To ensure that all marketing activities and procurement processes meet equality and diversity best practice.
- To respect the religious beliefs and practices of all individuals.
For further information regarding our commitment to equality and diversity, please see our follow the link to our policy.